Special State Protection Service, Special Communication and Information Security State Agency's Center for Combating Computer Incidents has developed an electronic library consisting of 7 sections (Services – FAQ, Security, Information/Alerts, Research, Legal Base, Information Security Journal, Tools), where state institutions can increase their knowledge and skills in the relevant field, and receive answers to their questions.
The Information Security Library currently consists of 7 main sections listed below:
1. Services - FAQ - The explanation of the most frequently asked questions and issues regarding the mail service, hosting service, DNS service, electronic inquiry system and other services provided by the Center for Combating Computer Incidents to government agencies will be explained in this section.
2. Security – information, adjustments, protection tools and methods, including rules, standards and requirements related to information security will be collected in this section.
3. Information/Warnings – Information about information security innovations, changes, including gaps and warnings will be collected in this section.
4. Research – Research conducted by the Computer Incident Response Center in the field of information security will be collected in this section.
5. Legal Basis – All the provisions of the legislation related to information security will be collected in this section.
6. Information Security Journal – Online copy of all issues of Information Security Journal will be collected in this section.
7. Tools – tools and applications created by KIMM specialists and other vendors in information security, programming, digital research and other such fields will be collected in this section.
Note: The Information Security Library (FAQ) is open only to government agencies connected to the AZSTATENET network and registered through the Electronic Inquiry System.